RepresentationThis representation is based on the value domain for this data element, more information is available at " Date DDMMYYYY ".
|Maximum character length||8|
Guide for use:
Each emergency department stay should include a non-admitted patient emergency department service episode component. The value of the episode end status code should guide the selection of the value to be recorded in this field:
- If the patient is subsequently admitted then record the date the patient leaves the Emergency Department to go to the admitted patient facility. Physically moving the patient to a bed in an emergency department specialist care unit (including EMU, short stay ward, emergency care unit or observation unit) is defined as representing departure from the emergency department.
- If the service episode is completed without the patient being admitted, including referral to another hospital, record the date the patient leaves the Emergency Department.
- If the patient did not wait record the date the patient leaves the Emergency Department or was first noticed as having left.
- If the patient left at their own risk record the date the patient leaves the Emergency Department.
- If the patient died in the Emergency Department record the date of death.
- If the patient was dead on arrival then record the date of presentation at the Emergency Department.
Emergency department care.
This data element has been developed for the purpose of State and Territory compliance with the Australian Health Care Agreement and the agreed national access performance indicator.
|Use within a Question||0|
|As a numerator in an Indicator||0|
|As a denominator in an Indicator||0|
|As a disaggregation in an Indicator||0|