Whether an administrative health region has a written strategic plan which incorporates palliative care elements, as represented by a code.
RepresentationThis representation is based on the value domain for this data element, more information is available at " Yes/no code N ".
|Maximum character length||1|
|Value||Meaning||Start Date||End Date|
Guide for use:
A palliative care strategic plan may be an entire health region's plan, or an aggregation of the region’s sub-units’ plans. The plan may be specifically for palliative care or a general health service plan that includes palliative care elements.
The palliative care elements in the plan must include all of the following aspects:
- timeframe (the beginning and end-date in years), with a minimum time period of two years to demonstrate a strategic focus
- measurable objectives relating to: service access, quality, utilisation, responsiveness and evaluation
- demonstrated stakeholder involvement in plan development, such as the inclusion of a description of the consultation process in the strategic plan document
- demonstrated links with the National Palliative Care Strategy
- implementation strategies (can include resources identified for service delivery)
- evidence of ongoing development in subsequent plans.
A strategic plan typically has a mission statement, outlines a vision, values and strategies, and includes goals and objectives. A strategic plan may: serve as a framework for decisions; provide a basis for more detailed planning; explain the business to others in order to inform, motivate and involve; assist benchmarking and performance monitoring; stimulate change and become a building block for next plan.
The plan will ideally address both palliative care at the specialist level and palliative care at the primary care (i.e. non-specialist) level.
CODE 1 Yes
The administrative health region has a written strategic plan which incorporates palliative care elements, and which includes all specified strategic plan aspects.
CODE 2 No
The administrative health region does not have a written strategic plan which incorporates palliative care elements, or has a plan with only partial coverage of the specified strategic plan aspects.
|Input in Derivations||0|
|Output in Derivations||0|
|Inclusion in Data Set Specifications||2|
|Inclusion in Data Distributions||0|
|As a numerator in an Indicator||0|
|As a denominator in an Indicator||0|
|As a disaggregation in an Indicator||0|