A specialised mental health service that provides services to people who are not currently admitted to a mental health admitted or residential service. Services are delivered by health professionals with specialist mental health qualifications or training. Ambulatory mental health services include:
- community-based crisis assessment and treatment teams,
- day programs,
- mental health outpatient clinics provided by either hospital or community-based services,
- child and adolescent outpatient and community teams,
- social and living skills programs,
- psychogeriatric assessment services,
- hospital-based consultation-liaison and in-reach services to admitted patients in non-psychiatric and hospital emergency settings,
- ambulatory-equivalent same day separations,
- home based treatment services,
- hospital based outreach services.
Specialised ambulatory mental health services.
|Metadata that references this Glossary Item||0|