All health professionals listed with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) during the reference period. This encompasses health professions that require registration under the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme and includes, but is not limited to:
- dental hygiene
- dental prosthetics
- dental therapy
- nursing (enrolled, registered, practitioner)
This DSS includes health professionals who are currently registered with AHPRA and health professionals who are no longer registered but remain listed with AHPRA.
Metadata items in this Data Set Specification
Below is a list of all the components within this Dataset Specification.
Each entry includes the item name, whether the item is optional, mandatory or conditional and the maximum times the item can occur in a dataset.
If the items must occur in a particular order in the dataset, the sequence number is included before the item name.
|Reference||Data Element||Data Type||Length||Inclusion||#|
|No data elements have been assigned to this grouping.|
Guide for use:
This DSS comprises a set of DSS for health professions covered by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency. It includes:
- Registered chiropractic labour force DSS
- Registered dental and allied dental labour force DSS
- Registered medical labour force DSS
- Registered midwifery labour force DSS
- Registered nursing labour force DSS
- Registered optometry labour force DSS
- Registered osteopathy labour force DSS
- Registered pharmacy labour force DSS
- Registered physiotherapy labour force DSS
- Registered podiatry labour force DSS
- Registered psychology labour force DSS
Note that a health professional may be qualified and registered in more than one profession.
The Registered health labour force DSS provides comprehensive data on Australia's registered health labour force. It assists governments, educators, health care providers and the community to understand the current health labour force and with workforce planning.
|As a numerator in an Indicator||0|
|As a denominator in an Indicator||0|
|As a disaggregation in an Indicator||0|