A residential mental health service is a specialised mental health service that:
- employs mental health-trained staff on-site;
- provides rehabilitation, treatment or extended care:
- to residents provided with care intended to be on an overnight basis;
- in a domestic-like environment; and
- encourages the resident to take responsibility for their daily living activities.
These services include those that employ mental health trained staff on-site 24 hours per day and other services with less intensive staffing. However all these services employ on-site mental health trained staff for some part of each day.
Specialised residential mental health services.
|Metadata that references this Glossary Item||0|