This metadata set is nationally mandated for collection and reporting.
Publicly funded government and non-government agencies providing alcohol and/or drug treatment services. Including community-based ambulatory services and outpatient services.
The following services are currently not included in the coverage:
- services based in prisons and other correctional institutions;
- agencies that provide primarily accommodation or overnight stays such as 'sobering-up shelters' and 'half-way houses';
- agencies that provide services concerned primarily with health promotion;
- needle and syringe programs;
- agencies whose sole function is to provide prescribing and/or dosing of methadone; and
- acute care and psychiatric hospitals, or alcohol and drug treatment units that report to the admitted patient care National Minimum Data Set and do not provide treatment to non-admitted patients.
Clients who are on a methadone maintenance program may be included in the collection where they also receive other types of treatment.
Metadata items in this Data Set Specification
Below is a list of all the components within this Dataset Specification.
Each entry includes the item name, whether the item is optional, mandatory or conditional and the maximum times the item can occur in a dataset.
If the items must occur in a particular order in the dataset, the sequence number is included before the item name.
|As a numerator in an Indicator||0|
|As a denominator in an Indicator||0|
|As a disaggregation in an Indicator||0|