Short term or emergency accommodation may include:
- Crisis shelter.
- Couch surfing.
- Living temporarily with friends and relatives.
- Insecure accommodation on a short term basis.
- Emergency accommodation arranged in hotels, motels etc by a specialist homelessness agency.
The following short-term accommodation options are not considered to be homeless:
- Hotels, motels, caravan parks and other temporary accommodation used when a person is on holiday or travelling.
- Temporary custodial and care arrangements, such as prisons and hospitals.
- Temporary accommodation utilised by a person while renovating usual residence or building a new residence eg weekenders, caravans.
|Metadata that references this Glossary Item||0|