Help - Registry Roles
- Workgroup Manager
- Managers are in charge of the operation and membership of a workgroup. They can add users to a workgroup and assign them roles. Unless a manager grants themself additional roles, such as steward or submitter roles, they do no have the rights to edit items. Workgroup managers can also close or remove discussions within a workgroup.
- Stewards are based on the 11179 role of the same name, and are in charge of the ongoing maintainance of items as they are registered. Stewards are trusted users who have additional priviliges to edit locked items within their workgroup.
- Submitters are based on the 11179 role of the same name, and can submit new items for registration within the registry within the workgroups of which they are a member. They are also able to edit unlocked items managed within a workgroup.
- A viewer can be assigned to a workgroup to monitor the items within managed within it, but cannot edit any items.
Registration Authority roles
- Registration Authority Manager
- Managers are in charge of the operation and membership of a registration authority, they can assign registrars within their registration authority Unless a manager grants themself additional roles, such as steward or submitter roles, they do no have the rights to edit items.
- Registry administrator (superuser)
- Registry administrators are responsible for the management of the entire registry and are the only users able to add or remove users to the registry. Registry adminsitrators are also able to add certain "unmmanaged" items.
Last modified: July 20, 2016, 4:25 a.m.